My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

Well, it’s sad that my departure had to be so soon but it is what it is. Feel free to visit me. You’ll find me resting here:

But hey, I can't complain. I asked for some smuttasticness and Cara McKenna delivered.

“Let’s quit our jobs and fuck all day.”

Hell, where's my pen, sounds good to me!

Laurel White has been letting her life go by, not leaving her mark and just coasting. But then Michael Flynn bursts right into her vanilla bubble and spices up her life. In and out of the bedroom. Especially in. She's discovering the world of fighting, rough sex and role-playing. What she didn't count on was falling for him.

“Listen, kiddo,” he said. “I’m a selfish prick, and I want to be the greatest fuck of your life and ruin you for every man who comes after me. But I’m not a mind reader, so I need some help. Otherwise I could end up as the douchebag who’s got shitty taste in wine and totally traumatized you when you were thirty.”

I'm going to be honest, I picked this book up because I needed a break and what's a better way to escape than with smut? But, I was pleasantly surprised by how well developed Willing Victim was for only being around 100 pages long. The characters were developed well, the humor kept me entertained, the steamy scenes being inferno hot didn't hurt either.

Flynn and Laurel's relationship... I really liked it. They weren't obsessed with each other and exchanging I love yous within the first week. Everything moved at a good pace. Their relationship was casual and laidback and was a nice break from the burning angst that I usually find in my books. If your looking for a short, hot story, this is for you!

Michael Flynn