My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Entice (Exquisite Series)

Entice - Ella Frank "Josh?"
"Yeah, Shelly?"
"I'm breaking all my rules for you."

When reading [b:Exquisite|16207483|Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)|Ella Frank|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1354481640s/16207483.jpg|21487355] I was really disappointed that I didn't like it. But now I'm really happy I read on.

Shelly Monroe goes after what she wants and has no qualms about the way she does it. But soon, not even that is working. Trying to find the perfect guys with the perfect job is proving harder than she thinks. And lets not even mention the sex...
But once she sees sex on legs Josh, she can't help but think how unbelievably wrong he is for her. Too bad she can't stop thinking about him.

So this is the start of there "deals".

With a smile touching her lips, she looked out to the dance floor. When she was happy they were in the clear, she replied, "This stays between us. I'm not looking for anything other than-"
"Sex?" he interrupted.
"Hot, sweaty, great sex. Which I'm assuming, you can deliver."

"No stings, Josh. Not one. Unless, of course, it's to tie me up."

But where the body goes, the heart follows.

"You're making it so easy to fall for you, Josh," she whispered.

"It's stripping you bare, and I'm falling for you so hard that I can feel the scrapes on my knees as I'm brought to them. I understand you're scared because I'm absolutely terrified, but I'm going to hurt you..."

As much as I tried, I didn't like Shelly. She was always so closed off and indecisive it was driving me crazy. I mean, here comes sexy, smart, successful Josh who's perfect and wants to settle down with someone and you throw that in his face.

I really loved Josh. I loved that he really couldn't keep up with the "deals" they made, and that he was so open with how he felt for Shelly. He wanted things to work for them and didn't leave himself closed off even though he was burned badly by another woman.

"Mason was right, huh? Blondes really are your type."
"She is the imitation of what I want. Unfortunately, the original is not available."

He couldn't help what he felt for Shelly even though she kept pushing him away.

God, Shel, how could you think this is anything than fucking perfect?"

So in the end, its step it up or lose Josh.
And the ending was so beautiful but completely unexpected.

"I want to wake up with you in the mornings and fall asleep with you every night. I want you to stay," she whispered.

A solid 4 stars.