My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) - Tessa Bailey "I'm going to make love to you. Slowly. Hell, it might take me until tomorrow. I'm going to lose count of how many times you come. And every time you do, I'm going to tell you that I love you. Until you fucking get used to it."

Protecting What's His was amazing. It had a great story, never lagged, and was really hot.

With a drugged out mom, Ginger Peet has had to take responsibility over her teenage sister. So when Ginger finds a purse filled with $50,000 of cash, she knows that this is too good of an opportunity to pass. With the money and their belongings, she heads on over to Chicago to start a new life.
There she moves in next door to the delicious cop, Derek Tyler. The last thing Ginger needs is to get involved with a cop, but Derek isn't taking no for an answer.

Ginger's probably one of my favorite heroine. She had attitude and a sense of humor, but also a little vulnerable. With always trying to shield her sister from everything he mother was (or wasn't) she didn't have the time to focus on herself. She could joke around and have a good time, but when it came to protecting her family, she was serious.

"You have two minutes to make my sister smile before I turn you from a rooster to a hen in one shot. And don't think I can't do it.

Derek was a great guy too. Besides wanting Ginger for her body, he also wanted her heart.

"Give me a chance, beautiful girl."

"We're more than sex, Ginger. Accept it."

He wasn't one of those guys who has an allergic reaction to feelings. He wanted Ginger and did whatever he had to do to get her, including playing dirty. And Derek get an A++ for those dirty playing skills.

"Are you looking for something illegal so you'll have an excuse to handcuff me, Derek?"
"Baby, I don't need an excuse to cuff you. I just need the opportunity."

Besides all the hot stuff, I loved it when they just talked. They loved to banter back and forth, and you could tell how well they fit together.

"I think I'm afraid to turn around and see what you look like in my bed. The image will haunt me when I leave for work this afternoon."
Her laugh sounded muffled among the pillows. "But if you don't turn around, you won't see the sexy lingerie I wore just for you."
Derek flipped over with such speed, Ginger squealed and threw up her hands. Kneeling over her, he yanked the covers and narrowed his eyes at her oversize sweatshirt and leggings. "Oh, you'll pay for that."

There was also a really cute epilogue with no cliffhanger.

"When we touch each other, it's honest and real. I crave it.