My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Beneath This Man (This Man, #2) - Jodi Ellen Malpas 3.5-4 stars

I'm kinda at a loss right now. Did I like this book? Yeah. Did I love it? Not really.

Beneath This Man picks up directly where we left of with This Man. Ava is heart-broken and suffers through a hellish five days without Jesse. When she finds Jesse again, she decides to rekindle there romance. Ava is hesitant in the beginning while Jessie is completely different from the dominant man we had come to know. While he still orders her around, he plagued by insecurities.

One thing that was constantly bothering me throughout the book was how easily she submitted to Jesse.
He does something to tick her off and all he has to do is give her a heated look and thats it, everything is all fine and dandy.

I feel like she should have done something, anything to try to stand up for what she wanted.

Even though their relationship was a bit dysfunctional, I was happy to see that they were trying to work things out. I liked that everything wasn't perfect with them and how they both put effort into their relationship.
Jesse does open up more and this did help me see and understand his side a little better. We learn a lot more about him and yes, his age is revealed.

Overall, this was a good read, interesting read.