My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Crash - Nicole  Williams "I'll be here, each day and every day on, as long as you want me to be."

I LOVED this book! I knew that if it was anything like Beautiful Disaster I wouldn't be disappointed, and I wasn't.

Jude Ryder is a drop-dead gorgeous bad boy. Lucy knows that trouble follows Jude around and, having her sights set on Juilliard, has always tried to stay out of it. Jude's everything she doesn't need in her life but she can't let go of that undeniable connection they have.

Jude Ryder wasn't only trouble, he was trouble with a side of danger and a dessert of heartache.

Of course, just looking at his perfection, who wouldn't want him?

He arrived with a whole mess of guys, tossing a football back and forth, and specimens like this confirmed there had been some kind of divine rule in the universe because no natural selection process was up to the task of creating something like him.

And then he opened his mouth...

The name's Jude Ryder, since I know your salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers, or regular phone calls. If that works out for you, I think we could work out something special.

Jude's every girls dream, and every parents nightmare. He was arrogant and cocky and wasn't used to hearing the word no. That is, until he met Lucy.

"You girls speak a language I'll never understand, but are you saying what I think you are?"
"If it involves you getting up and walking out of my sunshine and my life from here until the end of time, then we're on the same wavelength."

Lucy was a favorite of mine. I loved how witty and independent she was. She sprinkled everything with humor and kept me laughing throughout the story.

Even for a short story, there were quite a few bumps along the way. They both had emotional scars that hadn't healed and until they found ways to heal themselves, they really couldn't be together. Sometimes I just wanted to lock them in a room and make then communicate.

The ending was great, and I was glad and everything was settled.

You can't be friends with the person you were meant to spend your life with."