My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

With Everything I Am - Kristen Ashley “I loved you before you took your first breath on this earth because that was my fate but you made me love you because you’re just… fucking… you.”

I practically devoured this book. Right from the beginning your thrown into the thick of things.

Callum, King of the Werewolves, goes into the woods one night with the instinct to protect. In the end, he's the one that ends up being protected by his mate.
With gifts that she must keep hidden at all cost, Sonia Arlington has led a lonely life. As if fate hadn't been cruel enough, she also has a rare and deadly blood disease that must constantly be treated.
When Sonia is targeted, Callum has no choice but to step in and claim her.

I felt like this was one of the most interesting stories KA has written. Something was always happening. I also enjoyed the alternating POV. It made it easy to see what each of them were thinking.
Sonia and Callum were a great fit. Sonia's calm and compassionate nature complimented Callum's ruthless and hot-headed one.

There were a few things I didn't like:

I've read this in a few other reviews too, but the whole sitting in my lap thing was a little annoying. While I was reading it, I thought it was sweet 'cause I love all that touchy feely stuff, but then I thought 'would I want to practically live on his lap?'

Another thing, Callum was really bad at explaining everything. He'd spell things out halfway, and elude to everything else. If I didn't already know the back story I would have been so lost. He would go off on a tangent of "my people are this" and "your people are that" and of course she had no idea they were werewolves. Like, where the hell are you going with this? Aren't we all the same people?

Sonia was a little dense too. When his eyes would change color or how he was freakishly strong, she didn't really give it too much thought. I was sitting here like honey, don't you see something wrong with this picture? I just wanted more communication.

“Female humans need communication, a lot of it. It's fucking annoying but, trust me, you're better off giving it to her than suffering the consequences.”

When everything was finally explained and there were no more secrets, things were great.

I loved when the bickered.

“Don’t call me wolf when you’re pissed, wolf.”

And when they were playful.

“My peopole like to sing,” he informed her easily. “They like it best when they’re shitfaced.”

We even get to see more of Lucien and Leah.

“You have a lovely castle,” she noted, looking around while sitting on a couch and crossing her legs before she tipped her face up to Lucien and asked mock petulantly. “Why don’t we have a castle, darling?”
“You want a castle, sweetling, I’ll get you a castle,” Lucien answered casually.”

And in true KA style, there was an amazing HEA.

“You love me?”
He answered without hesitation. “With everything I am, baby doll, and everything I’m meant to be.”