My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Raid - Kristen Ashley "If your the kind of woman who can withstand the blaze of hellfire he's got burning inside, he battles that and wins, you will know nothing for the rest of your life, not taste, no experience, not even the birth of your children that will be sweeter than the love he'll have for you."

I feel like you can never really go wrong with a KA book. There's romance, action, and always a perfect ending.

Hanna Boudreaux has always had a crush Raiden Miller. Ever since she saw him at her family picnic when she was nine, she's known he was the one for her. He just didn't know it.
Raiden comes back from the Marines changed. Scarcely does anybody see him laugh and smile, and when he doesn't give Hanna a second thought, she knows it's time to rid herself of her futile crush.
But that's exactly when Raid starts to notice her.

I loved how real Hanna was. She was dorky and clumsy and it was great seeing things from her POV. Even her everlasting crush on Raid was cute, but when she decieded enough was enough, I was like:

Raiden Ulysses Miller was not a famous actor or athlete, but still.
He would never be mine,

I had a few problems with Raid in the beginning. He was just a little too overbearing. Getting in her space and ordering around really annoyed. I felt like he'd just blow up if he didn't relax.

But knowing how much he truly cared for Hanna let me set those things aside. I loved the way that Raid helped Hanna get over her insecurities. He wanted her to see how beautiful she really was.

"Girls prefer to be sexy and hot and, maybe, mysterious," I informed him, and his eyes came back to mine.
"You got the first two down, Hanna. And I don't know about other men, but I've played games, and in the end found out what I won wasn't worth the trouble of winning. Prefer to be with a woman who's cute and shy and obviously into me. Means I can save time and get straight to the shit that matters."

Raiden did not take an excruciatingly long and exquisite amount of time making love to me.
He took an excruciatingly long and exquisite amount of time worshipping me.

I was disappointed when I hit the 90% mark. That's one of my favorite parts to get to in all KA books but this one was a little... lackluster. I just expected a bit more action.

Other than that, everything was amazing, including, the ending.

"You do it for me because you were that girl across the street, your hair shinning in the sun, laughing, making me fall in love with you, and I didn't even goddamned fucking know you."