My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) - Christine Zolendz 4.5 stars

This was a really enjoyable read. There was never a dull moment and I never felt like I wanted to skip any pages. And I was practically drowning in the sexual tension. Definitely steamy.

After the death of her brother, Grace is now a shadow of who she used to be. After suffering the loss of countless loved ones, she’s just going through the motions of living, waiting until the day comes where she can join them. So, she moves in with her best friend. This is where she meets the panty-incinerating Shane Maxton.
Shane Maxton is the reason for many lost undergarments (literally). His body and face are sculpted into perfection, he’s an incredible musician, and he can cook. And although Grace is waiting for her special someone, she can’t help but feel something for the walking one-night stand.

If I hadn’t know beforehand that this was a paranormal romance, I would have that everything was normal for about 65% of the book. There were a few hints here and there but I would have written if off. This was actually something I really liked about he story. It was very subtle and I didn’t have a crap load of paranormal in my face.

Grace was hilarious! I had a great time seeing everything from her perspective. The only problem I had was that she never really gave Shane a chance. She was out looking for her special guy when he could have been right in front of her. I understood in the beginning why she didn’t want him and just be another notch on his bedpost, but when he started to change I was like “how do you not see the change in him?!”

Other than that, she was great.

”I don’t ask you about all the girls you take home.”
“You can. I don’t hide anything.”
“Shane, I would probably get pregnant from you just telling me the things you do,” I laughed.

Shane was so… freaking HOT.

I can understand the appeal of a few hours with Shane. But finding out what was below the surface was even more amazing. There was such a vulnerability that made want to take all his pain and sadness away.

”Please, Grace, whatever it is you’re going after, please try to find it here in me. I will try my best to be the man that you need me to be.”

There were a few things that I had a problem with, but it was nothing major. I just wish it elaborated one the whole paranormal stuff.

There is a cliffhanger but it wasn’t anything too bad.

“I want you to tell me why you have a pair of broken angel wings on your shoulder. I want you to tell me why you cut your wrists and I want to know why and how you play and sing the way you do, but most of all I want you to tell me what I need to do to be a good enough man for you.”