My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3) - Kristen Ashley "Every day for eighteen years, Layne, every fucking day. I missed you every day. I'd wake up next to Jarrod and wish it was you, I'd go to sleep and wish it was you."

I really liked Golden Trail. I have to say, though, that I didn't love it as much as the others. I had just finished [b:At Peace|11665750|At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)|Kristen Ashley|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327913073s/11665750.jpg|16610933] and came into Golden Trail with very high expectations.

Tanner Layne and Raquel Merrick fell deeply in love and had their whole life planned out together. Then, Rocky just one day left him without warning. Years later, Layne comes back to The 'Burg to sort his ex-wife and sons out. Now, he's trying to wedge himself back into Rocky's life while solving some heinous crimes.

Rocky was great. She was all flare and attitude, but at the same time very vulnerable. It was also nice to see how well she was able to interact with Layne's kids. She did have some inner demons, but did all that she could to fight them back.

"Don't let me leave you," she whispered so quietly he almost didn't hear her.

"I won't"

"No matter what."

"No matter what," he replied.

Oh, and the chemistry. It was out of this world HOT. The years really didn't dim their hunger *snicker*. Even when they weren't speaking to each other, all they wanted to do was rip each other's clothes off while I was in the background screaming:

Layne was amazing! He did make some mistakes but learned from them and did everything he could to make things right again. The way he was with Rocky was beautiful. He would tease and play around with her but at the same time, treat her like a princess.

"You think I'm hot."

"You know your hot, you always did,"she stated and he lifted his head.

"Yeah, and you always did too, that's why you strutted back and forth to the window at Fulsham's Custard Stand five times while I was sitting there, eatin' my cone the first time I saw you, 'cause you wanted some of this and got it by swinging your ass in my face."
She gasped again. "I did not!"

"Sweetcheeks, you so did."

"If I recall, I needed a napkin,"she shot back.

"Five of them?"

"It was a hot day! My cone was melting too fast for me to eat it."

"Baby, when you weren't struttin', you were lickin' and you took your time because that got my attention too."

It was really cool how KA put a twist to this book my making it all in Layne's point of view. You got to see the inner working of a KA Alpha-male.

The other characters were great too. They were funny and sweet and really complimented the book. The characters of the previous books were even incorporated into Golden Trail, which was awesome. I love getting hints of what's happening in their lives, even though their stories have ended.

The epilogue was wonderful! It left me with a feeling of complete fulfillment and peace.