My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire Oh my. I’m still smiling from the epilogue. This book could have sucked and I would have still read it for the amazing epilogue.

My casting (more below):

Travis:

Abby:

“One of these days you’re going to fall in love, son. Don’t settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn’t come easy, the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never stop fighting for what you want.”

What a powerful prologue! I had tears in my eyes. That first chapter is the foundation in which Travis has built his life on. Reading that gave me a clear understanding of why he is the way he is. I loved that it wasn’t some overly dramatic scene of grief and despair. It was from Travis’ three year-old POV, so there were undertones of anguish and pain, but not to the point where it was laughable.
You knew that although Travis was confused, deep down he knew what was happening and felt hopeless and it tore at my heart.

It kind of sucks to say this but… I had a hard time liking Abby in the beginning. To put it short, she was a bitch, but hey, that’s what caught Travis’ attention, right?

Come to think of it, she was kind of a cranky bitch… and I liked it.

Thank the heavens that there was [b:Beautiful Disaster|11505797|Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)|Jamie McGuire|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358259032s/11505797.jpg|16441531] because I wasn’t getting anything from Abby. I understand that Walking Disaster was about how Travis saw Abby, but I wish Jamie McGuire could have portrayed Abby a little more like she did in the first book.

If I wasn’t sure about this before, it is now set in stone… I LOVE YOU, TRAVIS. Can someone be this perfect? I loved seeing everything from Travis’ POV. When I thought Travis’ was thinking or feeling something in Beautiful Disaster, I find that he was actually thinking something completely different.

As many times as I had seen them crying or losing sleep over some dumb bitch in a pair of fuck-me heels that never gave a shit about them anyway, I couldn’t understand it. The women that were worth that kind of heartbreak wouldn’t let you fall for them so easy. They wouldn’t bend over your couch, or allow you to charm them into their bedroom on the first night¬–or even the tenth.

I decided a long time ago that I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along. A pigeon.

I was awesome being in Travis’ head.
And as insignificant as this was, the whole door-opening thing pulled at my heart. Every time it was mentioned I felt a little bit of my heart rip.
But Travis’ great sense of humor helped during all those painful moments.

“Every rule I’ve ever made’s getting broken one by one. I’m a pussy. No… worse. I’m Shep.”

Speaking of Shep… we saw a lot more of him and Travis’ family in Walking Disaster. Even though they all fought, you could see how close they all were.

I stumbled into the living room, and Thomas handed me a bottle of whiskey. They all had some in a glass.
“You told them?” I asked Trenton, my voice broken.
Trenton nodded.
I collapsed to my knees, and my brothers surrounded me, placing their hands on my head and shoulders for support.

I didn’t get the Beautiful Disaster vibe I was looking for but that didn’t stop me from connecting with the story. Their brake up scene in Travis’ POV… that was hard. I was devastated (even though I knew how everything would end). You sympathized with Travis in the first book but going through it with Travis killed me.

… it seemed the moment I met her, my life had been turned upside down. And I didn’t want it any other way.

I don’t think I expressed how awesome the epilogue was. I don’t think there could have been a better one. It was the perfect ending to their story. Perfect.

… and for the first time, I felt like a normal, whole human being instead of some broken, angry man.