My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Wicked Cravings  (The Phoenix Pack, #2) - Suzanne  Wright "I know I'm a little fucked up. Don't give up on me, baby. I'm not saying that things will suddenly be perfect. I'm a guy, and guys can be stupid. I admit that I need the room to mess up a little. I can't promise that I won't piss you off again, but I can promise you that I'll never deliberately hurt you. Nothing is more important to me than you. Nothing."

What a sweet and sexy read! Dante was either melting my heart or melting my panties.

Jaime Farrow has had a withstanding crush on Dante Garcea for as long as she can remember, but after hearing from Dante that she wasn't "his type", she's decided it's time she move on. She has more things to worry about anyways… like keeping up the submissive wolf act, or else she risks getting thrown out of the pack.
As Beta of the Phoenix pack, Dante has always put work before his personal life. He has no time, or need, for a relationship. So as much as he would love to act on his intense hunger for Jaime, he ignores it.
But when she suddenly stops her flirtatious behavior and begins to ignore him, he's determined to become the center of her attention again. And when he learns she's hiding a secret, he's determined to cut through her walls and uncover it too.
Just to make things harder on them, Dante has two ex’s that will stop at nothing to tear them apart.

Jaime was awesome. I loved Taryn from Feral Sins, so I wasn’t too sure if I was going to a new voice coming into the story, but I quickly go over that. Jaime was sweet, crazy, and witty. I thought she perfectly matched Dante.

So far, Jaime was the only one who had looked deep enough. And that touched him in a way that he hadn't expected.

He could try to be intimidating and order her around but all she did was laugh in his face. Yet, when she knew he needed control, she gave it to him. I also loved that when Dante finally started to notice her, she didn’t give him the time of day. She made him work to be in her life and to stay in it.

"... nothing and no one will keep me out of your life, Jaime. Not even you"

About the secret… since I read the blurb, I was dying to know what she could possibly be hiding and when I found out, I was shocked. Suzanne Wright emphasizes how important their wolves are and how they’re a part of you. So hearing what Jaime was hiding was a really big deal. And really heartbreaking.

Dante was just so…

I loved his character. He could be sweet, funny, and totally swoon-worthy. But in the bedroom… he was all alpha-male, sexy, dominant ‘you are mine and I take what’s mine’… and I’m starting to work myself up. And the best part about the sex scenes? It was just them two. It was sexy, delicious, and devoid of any misplaced menage.
Anyways, like any guy, he had his faults. Especially in the beginning. Like with the whole ‘she’s not my type’ and he ‘liked his women slim’ BS.

As for the two ex’s, they were so damn annoying and pathetic. They did everything they could to tear them apart. One was claiming they were mates!

And the other one thought that, after she betrayed him years ago, he would still have feelings for her.

I’d just have thrown them off a cliff and been done with it.

~~~~~~

One of my favorite scenes was Taryn giving birth.

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that hard. I’m still chuckling just thinking about it.

One of the biggest things I liked about Wicked Cravings was that, even though it still had the same feel to it that Feral Sins had, the voices were different. Humor was such a big part of the first book so I didn’t want Jaime to have the same voice that Taryn had.

*And just as a side note: Nick needs to get his sh*t together. Right now.

Wicked Cravings was a wonderful addition to the series. I highly recommend it to those who loved Feral Sins.

"You're mine now, Jaime. Not just for one night. When I say you're mine, I mean you're mine."

Dante (minus the suit):