My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Down London Road - Samantha Young After reading the spectacular On Dublin Street and waiting months for Down London Road to be released, all I can say is that I’m really disappointed.
There were some good moments where I thought the story could possibly have substance, but those were few and far between.
It was a bit all over the place, to be honest.
The good:
-We got to see some more of Joss and Braden, which was awesome.
-The writing was great. Even with the lack of a good story, I loved the author’s writing style.
-I loved how family oriented Jo and Cam were.
Jo raised and protected Cole, always giving him the love and affection she never had.
Cam had great parents and I liked seeing how close they were. Cam also worked hard in being there for Cole and truly did care for him, so he won points for that.
The okay:
-The sex wasn’t anything out of this world. I even found myself wanting to skip through those scenes.
-The cheating didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. I wasn’t connected to the story so it, sadly, didn’t have strong effect on me. I don’t like cheating, and definitely don’t stand for it, but I didn’t feel anything. Sadness, angry, angst… nothing. Nada. Zilch.
The bad:
-As I said before, I wasn’t connected to the story. Everything felt lackluster and I was struggling on whether I should just leave this as a DNF.
-I did not like the way it ended. There was a HEA, but it felt a little fake to me.

So, overall, the story had potential but just didn't do it for me.