My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Leo (Sign of Love, #1) - Mia Sheridan What a beautiful, heart-warming story. Leo was about love, healing an redemption.

Jake:

Evie:

I will spend my life trying to make myself a person who is worthy of you. I will work until my dying day to you the beautiful life a beautiful person like you deserves. I will prove to you that forever is not just a word, not just a measurement of unending time, but that forever is a place where I will treasure your heart.

Evie and Leo met in foster care where they slowly fell in love with each other.
… he’s my best friend in the world, the boy I’ve grown to love intensely, the boy who makes me want to stay awake because the reality is finally better than my dreams.”
But then Leo gets adopted, a rarity once they’ve hit their teenage years. With no choice, they part ways but Leo promises to keep in contact and come back for Evie once she turns eighteen.
She never hears from him again.

From the start of the book, you notice how empty and dull Evie’s life is. Everything is monotonous and devoid of feeling, as if Leo took everything with him once he left. Hearing everything Evie went through, especially once Leo left, was painful. They were each other’s rock; their lifelines and you could still feel how much Leo’s betrayal hurt her.
“I’ve heard people say that they lose themselves in a kiss, but it was like we found ourselves the second our lips met.”

For some reason, it took me a while to really fall for Jake, but once I did, it was all the way. Hearing about his past broke me. It was absolutely horrible. I still feel the pain of hearing his story.
“I ruin everything. I do something to ruin all the people who love me. Eventually, I fuck up everything because that’s who I am.”

But they both began to heal slowly. Their relationship developed and as that happened, their old wounds began to close.
The big secret or twist that we learn was pretty obvious but still enjoyable once it came.
I love you, Evie. I’ll love you forever.