My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Beauty From Pain (Beauty Series) (Volume 1) - Georgia Cates Why the cliffhanger?! Why, why, why, why, why?

Jack Henry McLachlan, I could just punch you in the face!

Ooo, wait I know the answer!

*calm down now, Destini*

All that out now, I can say that this was a great, entertaining read. The writing was great, Jack was just scrumptious, and there was a kick ass heroine.

Jack:

Laurelyn:

After getting her heart torn out, Laurelyn Prescott decides she needs a change of scenery. As in, the other side of the world. So, for three months Laurelyn and her friend, Addison, will be staying in Australia.
Jack McLachlan is good-looking, rich, and one of the most eligible bachelors. But he isn’t looking for a relationship. At least, not one that'll last more than three months.
Laurelyn and Jack start their affair complete with aliases, a three month expiration date, and a no contact rule once it’s finished.
However, they never planned on falling in love.
“You might as well be the devil.”
“Baby, you’re the one holding the apple.

First things first, Laurelyn:

By far, one of my favorite heroines. I don’t have a single complaint. She was smart, sassy, and completely real.
With these types of stories, I’m always afraid that once they start to have feelings and the time comes that they have to leave, they’ll make a pathetic scene or pretend that this was new information.
Laurelyn was not like that at all. She always knew why she was there. She didn’t conveniently forget or try to look for something that wasn’t there. She held on to her dignity.
I didn’t love you the day I met you, or even a month later. But somewhere between hello and the goodbye I’m unable to bear, I fell desperately in love with you.

Jack just stole my heart.

I was a little unsure one whether or not I was going to like him because, frankly, he was a boring in the beginning. Now, I’m naming our children. He was totally swoon-worthy. Except when he was being the world’s biggest moron.

Beauty From Pain is told in alternating POV’s which was fantastic because you were able to see where their head’s where at. It also helped me become closer and build a connection with both of them.

Even though their relationship (if you could call it that) was pretty much a lie, it felt so real. They were so good together. Jack was guarded and reserved in the beginning, but with Laurelyn’s help, he opened up.

Now, on to book two where, hopefully, Jack has gotten his head out of his ass because right now, this face:

is not amused.

I’ve known pain my whole life, but this is a new kind for me. It isn’t born of something wrong or ugly. This pain is conceived out of beauty– my love for Jack Henry McLachlan.