My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Entwined with You - Sylvia Day Let me start off by saying I have loved all the other Crossfire books, but I just couldn't finish this one.
I debated whether I was going to rate Entwined with You and I decided not to because it really wouldn't be fair to rate something I only read only half of.

My thoughts:

Gideon:
I still love him. He was the same sexy, intense, passionate man we got in the other Crossfire books. I felt his love for Eva and how dedicated he was to creating a life with her. I mean, killing someone for Eva. It doesn't get any more dedicated than that.

Eva:
In the previous books I've liked Eva. She's not my favorite heroine, but by far not the worst. In Entwined with You, I wasn't able to connect with her at all. I was constantly annoyed with her.
Gideon changed a lot of himself to be with Eva but I don't feel that she would to the same.
She also had no spine, as evidenced with the whole Brett fiasco, and picked petty fights with anybody she could.

The story:
Two words: No life.
When I read something I want to enraptured with the story. I want to have to fight with myself to put it down and spend my whole day looking forward to the moment I can pick it up again.
I didn't feel any of that. I had to force myself to sit down and pick up my book.
Entwined with You was lifeless. Nothing was happening except for sex, which was a bore after a while.
Sex with Gideon. A bore.

I know those things should never go in a sentence together but, honestly, as hot as the sex was, it was too much. It would have been great if there was a story to go with it but I there wasn't anything.

And now there are two more books. Why?

Anyways, I personally don't recommend reading Entwined with You, but I would give it a try if your still interested.

*******************************