My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Tangled - Emma Chase
Women fall in love quicker than men. Easier and more often. But when guys fall? We go down harder. And when things go bad? When it’s not us who ends it? We don’t get to walk away.
We crawl.

This is the Holy Grail of books. It was an absolute, 100% work of art. Utterly Brilliant. This is a must read.

Casting:

Do you see that unshowered, unshaven heap on the coach? The guy in the dirty gray T-shirt and ripped sweatpants?
That’s me, Drew Evans.

Drew Evans was on top of the world. He was living the high life with money, good looks, and women who offered themselves to him like sacrificial lambs.
But that was all before Kate Brooks.
Now, he’s a man with the flu… or so he says.
“It finally happened.”
“What happened?”
“What you’ve been wishing on me all these years,” I whisper. “I fell in love.”

The book was hilarious. Like, laugh like an idiot in public hilarious. Here are some examples:
Personally, I blame Adam. Now there was a guy who had the world by the balls. Walking around naked, a hot chick to satisfy his every whim. I sure hope that apple was tasty, ‘cause he really fucked it up for the rest of us. Now we have to work for it.
************
Has the old man lost his freaking mind? Would I ask him to share something he’s worked his ass off for? Would he let someone else drive his 1962 cherry Mustang convertible? Would he open his bedroom door and let some other guy screw his wife?
Okay, that was too far. I take it back– considering his wife is my mother. Forget I even referred to my mother and screwing in the same sentence. That’s just… wrong. On so many levels.
************
“Lets play something else.”
Twister? Hide the Salami? Kama Sutra charades?

And so on…
Tangled is told, beginning to end, from a man’s perspective and, I have to say, it was refreshing. I loved being in Drew’s mind. I read each word twice, it was that good.
Drew was arrogant, a pig, sometimes and sometimes an a**hole.
… I can’t help it if they see me, fuck me, and suddenly want to bear my children. That’s not my problem. Like I said, I tell them how I see it is, give then a good time and then the cab fare home. Thank you, good night. Don’t call me, ‘cause I sure as shit won’t be calling you.

But you couldn’t help but love him. And lust after him. Definitely lust after him.

But there was more to Drew that just good looks and money. He was sweet and considerate.
I’ve broken every goddamn rule I’ve ever set for myself to be with her. And it wasn’t just to fuck her. It was to have her. To keep her.

I’m in love with her. Totally. Helplessly. Pathetically.
In love.
Kate owns me. Body and soul.

And what he did for her in the end…

Kate was fantastic too. She was the perfect match for Drew. She evenly matched him in the bedroom and the boardroom.

The writing was amazing. I felt like I was right there. The first word just pulled me in and it felt like an actual conversation.
I mean, what more could you want from a book? Great humor, great sex, great characters, great ending… sounds about perfect.

"I want to talk to you until the sun comes up, and I want to bring you cereal in bed every Sunday. I want to work long, endless hours in this office, but only if you're here next to me." Her voice is barely a whispered. "Like a partnership? Fifty-fifty split?" I shake my head. "No. Not fifty-fifty. You don't get just half of me. You get all of me. A hundred percent."

****************************************
Yes!! Early release!

I've been expecting you...