My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1) - Lisa Renee Jones
… I’d forgotten there’s a price for over indulgence. And there is a price. There is always a price.

Of course, there would be a cliffhanger. Because, the world would not be able to go round if a story stopped at a nice and comfortable place.
Great.
Fan-freaking-tastic.

Sara leads an ordinary life. She has a solid career, a place to call home, and good friends.
What she doesn’t have is all-consuming passion, a life filled desire and lust.
Until she does.
She begins to read a stack of journals she finds in a storage unit and something catches her eye… nobody knows where Rebecca, the journals owner, really is. So Sara steps into her life, working where Rebecca worked, talking to the friends Rebecca talked to. But now, Sara has fallen under the same spell Rebecca has, and with all the dark promises and desire, she’s not sure she wants to get out.
“You shouldn't walk away from something that intrigues you.”
I don’t think I’ve ever been this captivated by a story before. I couldn’t tear myself away from the book. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was ever boring. Something was always going on that had me on my toes. Sometimes I was sure that the story would go in one direction, and ended up going in another.

There was a very good balance between the romance and the mystery. From Chris and Mark to the journals, everything was shrouded in mystery. There were a lot of loose ends and the more I learned, the more questions I had.

“Other people’s perfection is a facade we create when we are second guessing ourselves.”

Chris and Mark were a whole other story.
Chris was just… I don’t even know how to describe him. Intense, maybe? I always liked him, and I’m definitely rooting for him, but there’s something off about him. Maybe it’s because we don’t learn much, but I can’t wait until his secrets are reveled.
Mark was another enigma. We know even less about him and the stuff we do, raises a billion more questions.

“The art does not always mimic the artist. You never know the real person until you slide