My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5) - C.J. Roberts Caleb/James:

I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. I’m the one who tied her to a bedpost and beat her. I’m the one who nearly sold her into sexual slavery. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.

That was absolutely incredible. One of the best this year!!
Your reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September 0f 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again

One again, C. J. Roberts tells another beautiful story about love, loss, and forgiveness. [b:Captive in the Dark|12513614|Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)|C.J. Roberts|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1315343569s/12513614.jpg|17499464] and [b:Seduced in the Dark|13612739|Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)|C.J. Roberts|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1335114363s/13612739.jpg|19212100] were very raw and gritty reads but Epilogue, while still raw and had its fare share of dark moments, was more upbeat than the previous two.
Livvie/ Sophia was a very pleasant surprise. She wasn’t the weak and frightened girl anymore. She was strong and confident and matched Caleb well. Her personality shined when she wasn’t always on survival mode.
Caleb/ James was another surprise. Who knew he had such a good sense of humor? He went through a major change but I felt that we were just seeing the best of Caleb instead of a completely new man, which made everything more realistic.
There was only one thing the void wanted. Greedily tearing me apart. It asked for Livvie. It wanted my hopes, my dreams. It wanted my memories of her face. It wanted the laughter we had shared. “Mine,” the void had decreed. Only Livvie could make me whole, and as soon as I had realized it, I couldn’t stop looking for her.

I loved that, despite Livvie’s HEA, things weren’t all peachy. They didn’t ride off into the sunset on butterflies and into world peace. They had some major things to work out and also had to find a way to be in a functional relationship.
“No, Kitten, I’m not okay,” I whispered. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for be to be okay. I just know that as long as you’re with me, there’s a chance that one day… I might be.”

But even with all that heavy stuff they were able to banter, hang out, and make some friends (those were the best scenes).
All in all, The Dark Duet is a must read.

Livvie/Sophia: