My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

The Siren - Tiffany Reisz
… although I loved you, my beautiful girl, this is not a romance novel.

And it wasn’t. But it was such a beautiful story. It was about love, loss, forgiveness, friendship and most of all, pain.

This song reminded me a little of The Siren: The Only One

Nora Sutherlin is famous for her works of erotica and each book sells more than the last. But this time it’s different.
Her new book is more personal and she needs the best of the best to help her perfect it.
Zachary Easton is one tough-ass editor and without his signature, Nora’s book will never see the light of day. She has six weeks to rewrite the whole book to his standards, or it’s no deal.
Each session leaves them both wanting, but there are others at work here. A dangerous ex-lover has kept his eye on Nora, and he wants her back.
She has a choice to make…
Hold on to her freedom or fall into his bed again.
“I do as Martin Luther instructed–I sin boldly.”

Nora was an amazing character. I loved her attitude and the way she looked at life, but I also liked her depth. There were a lot of great things she said that got me thinking a little differently.
“There are only two reasons why you leave someone you’re still in love with–either it’s the right thing to do, or it’s the only thing to do.”

She was a very complex character and I loved peeling back the layers and discovering what made her the way she is.
Nora

Wes was like the light in all the darkness. I love that kid. He was so innocent and just a breath of fresh air… it was endearing. It was like, in the midst of all the pain, physical and emotional, and secrets you have Wes, and he makes it all better.
I’m so glad Tiffany Reisz decided to put him in the story because it really wouldn’t have been the same without him.
Wesley

Zach just broke my heart. He was living without being alive. You could just feel how much he missed his wife. I swear, being in his head depressed me. All that longing tore my heart out. Hell, I was starting to miss her after a while.
And although he loved his wife, he developed a great connection with Nora that wasn’t only physical, but ran deeper. He learned to trust again and let his control slip a little.
“You know, you’re still young, Easton, and too handsome for your own good. You should try it sometime.”
“What? Madness?”
“No. Happiness.”

Zachary

Now onto one of my favorites: Søren. What a mysterious character. Everything he said just led to more and more questions. The only thing I was sure of was his love for Nora (which I will get to in a moment). I’m really torn on what to feel about him. I know I love him (I didn’t stand a chance), but he was so complex. There were things that didn’t sit right with me, but once I heard his reasoning behind it, it made me look at everything in a whole new light.
Søren

“Owning her, dominating her, training her to react to the slightest command, the merest crook of my finger, the barest change in my tone, and to love someone so much that anything less than complete and utter possession is unacceptable… that is the purest joy.”

I slowly began to understand the relationship between Nora and Søren. It’s not something I would fantasize about, but I grew to see things differently.
“If you’re a masochist, pain feels like love to you. Not being hurt is what hurts.”

Some people believe that beating someone is a way of expressing their love and vice versa.
One thing I did have a problem with, and that’s only because of my personal beliefs was the sharing. It never really sat right with me how they would loan each other out or tag team. I totally understand that it’s part of the D/s relationship and exercising control and whatnot, but it bothered me. Maybe it’s just ‘cause I’m greedy and wouldn’t want to share.

“If you come back to me,” he said, “will you run or will you crawl?”
“I’ll fly.”

The ending… I don’t even know what to say about that. All I know, is that is was believable, realistic, and fit the story perfectly.
“We can only sacrifice so much of ourselves in a relationship before there’s nothing left to love of be loved.”

___________________________________________

My Original Sinners Reviews:
The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
_______________________________________