My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Sins & Needles - Karina Halle "I love you," he whispered. "From now until the end, under any name you choose."

Sins & Needles tore me apart, sowed me back together, then put me through the shredder. My emotions were all over the place.

We have Ellie Watt, a con artist. After a close call, she's decided to go back to Palm Valley and perform her last con before giving that life a rest. And who has she chosen to be her victim? The now incredibly irresistible Camden McQueen. But after the tables get turned and Ellie is the one that gets conned, she has no choice but to help Camden escape from some bad people.

I was Ellie Watt again. I was finally me.

I found that I actually ended up liking Ellie. While reading about her high school days with Camden, and learning how it all went wrong, I was sure that I wouldn't like her. I thought she was an unfeeling, selfish person. I learned, however, that life hand't been exactly fair to her and she was just trying to survive. I also loved that humorous twist she gave to difficult situations.

I glared at him. "Is the gun really necessary?"
"No," he admitted. "It's just fun to have one."
"Like an extra penis," I mused.
He smiled unkindly. "Something like that."

Camden went from being the long-haired, eyeliner and nail polish wearing goth loner, to being an irresistible, "sex on a stick" twenty-six year-old tattoo artist. I loved Camden from the beginning. He was just so open and kind that I practically became a puddle of goo. My heart hurt for everything Ellie had put him through. The story was told in Ellie's point-of-view, but you could feel how much everything she did to him effected him and it crushed me.

"You broke my heart, Ellie, all those years ago. That was the last time you'd ever see it."

I was constantly feeling in this book. Even when I'd barely gotten far, everything hit me hard. It shocked me just how powerful I felt for both Ellie and Camden. Whether it was pain, or joy, or sorrow, I felt everything like it was me there.

I hate you, Ellie Watt," he whispered, lips coming closer to mine, "because I still love you after all these years."

Ellie and Camden were both so guarded, I was shouting with glee when they finally let go. With all their mistakes and insecurities, I thought it would never work, but they were able to work past them and forgive each other. Even with all the emotional baggage each of them carried, you could still see how perfect and right they were for each other.

The cliffhanger... I don't even know how to describe it. It made sure to ring every ounce of despair out of me. I knew this was going to happen, but did I listen to myself? Of course not. Cliffhanger and all, I loved Sins and Needles and don't regret reading it, but now I NEED THE SEQUEL. Right now.

"Maybe you can never be Ellie Watt again. Maybe you can dye your hair red, get a cute little haircut or grow it long, or get a wig. Colored contacts. Different style. We can make you someone else and I'll take her as I take you now. I know the real you is always underneath, still alive, no matter what name you go by on the outside, and that's all that matters."

_________________________________________
More of my Artist Trilogy reviews:
On Every Street (The Artist Trilogy, #0.5)
_____________________________________