My Pretties

The Gods

quotes Destini likes

Reckless (Thoughtless, #3) - S.C. Stephens
I am completely blown away by this series. Once I got Reckless I just immersed myself into the story. Responsibilities? Threw ‘em out the window. I had stuff to do? Oops…
It was like a physical pain having to put my book down.

Kellan and Kiera have faced many obstacles but more are to come. Now that the D-bags are skyrocketing, they’ll have to see how well they can adapt. When the pressure starts to build up, Kellan and Kiera will have to fight for each other because, sometimes, love isn’t enough.

“It takes a special person to be able to handle all the attention he’ll receive. Are you sure you’re that woman?”

I was so proud of how far Kiera has come. I’ll be the first to admit that in the first two books, Kiera was selfish. I knew she truly loved Kellan but she put herself before anybody else, which ended up hurting people. This, however, completely changed in Reckless. She practically gave up everything so that Kellan could fulfill his dream. Even when they (especially Kiera) were put in difficult situations, she sucked it up, and put Kellan and his future first.

“You belong on a stage. It’s what you were born to do.”

Kellan was… I can’t find a word perfect enough for him. Even when things were crazy and he was overwhelmed, he never stopped thinking about Kiera. The rose petals, and the proposals… it was all so beautiful. He was put in some really difficult situations and when I thought I wouldn't be able to survive it, he did something t that gave me faith. He was sweet and considerate, even when they were apart.

“I think I’m going to be sick again.”
Kellan’s voice was calming as he told me, “No, you’re not, sweetheart. You just need something else to focus on besides your stomach. Would you like it if I sang you to sleep?”

Through the lies, pain and betrayals, the one thing that always stood strong was there love. There were some things that, if I were put in that situation, I don’t think I would be able to handle it. Kiera was so understanding, and I wish I could believe I would be too, but I don’t think I would be able to handle everything. At some points, I just wanted to cry out in despair because of how unfair everything was.

Sienna… I hate you. I really do. There were times when I was like “maybe she isn’t a horrible human being and has a shred of humanity in there… somewhere.” Nope.

There were many funny moments, and lots of steamy ones, but my favorite were the heartfelt, beautiful scenes. There’s nothing sexier than a strong man who’s in control, but there’s nothing more beautiful than a man who shows a little bit of vulnerability.

“I will always love you, Kellan. Your heart is safe with me.”
Kellan pulled me into a hug and let out a long, shaky breath as he held me. “Promise?” he whispered.

Reading how Kellan was slowly letting people in and bonding with his family was amazing. There were scars from his past that he was slowly allowing to let heal.

"That was Gavin. His plane is just about ready to take off. He a wanted to thank me for meeting with him… finally, and let me know that I could visit him anytime I wanted.” He let out a small laugh and looked at the floor. “He says he… he loves me.”

Now, I just have to talk about Griffin.
I loved how even though he was going to turn into a father, he didn’t completely change.
In the beginning I was worried that he wouldn’t be able to handle things and go back to his old ways but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked that when he got his act together, he didn’t become the perfect model adult and suddenly developed a filter between his brain and mouth.

“What? It’s a fair sacrifice. If you’ve got to be with one chick for the rest of your life, then you should at least get to go out with a bang. Or two. Or three.”
Anna raised a perfectly arched brow. “Really? Would you want some jackass to do that with our daughter?”
“Fuck no. I’ll chop the little bastard’s balls off if he tries that kind of shit on my girl,” he scowled.

Everybody has come so far and really matured. Kellan started to open his heart, Kiera is learning to forgive herself, Denny and Kellan are moving beyond the past and everything’s come together.

We were so different from the people we were when we’d all started living together– stronger, more confident, more secure in ourselves. And yet, we were exactly the same. We cared about each other. We looked out for each other.”

There was a beautiful ending that kept me smiling for hours.

“I’m only just beginning to understand what it means to truly want something. Because I want you so much now. I want to make you happy. I want to give you the world. I want you to be proud of me. I want to comfort you. I want you to comfort me. I want to hold you when you’re scared. I want you to hold me when I’m scared. I want to make you laugh. I want to make you blush.” Leaning in, he whispered, “I want to make you scream.
I want to give you a home. I want to fill it with children. I want to take care of you. I want to grow old with you. I want you by my side, every day.
I just want you.”

I would do it all over again if I needed to. I’d go back to the beginning for you.